Tuesday

Taking time to smell the flowers...


On Monday morning at around 6am, I wrote my list of things to do this week, and then had a little freak out... As satisfying as it is to tick things off your list, lists can also have a way of stripping a little joy and spontaneity out of the week. My last corporate job used to start and end the week with everyone's list of things to achieve/not achieved - uugghhh. My mind used to wander during these sessions (note I was the boss), and would think about my garden, or what a good idea it would be to bake that cake for my neighbour, or that I think I will paint the garden table green etc etc.

My point is, although we have to get through that list, just make sure that whatever is on your list is important and most critically, leave a little time/head space for loveliness. 
Can you imagine the ideas you could have, the places you'll go and the people you might meet?

PS: The image above is from the Wintergardens in Auckand. My mother and I decided at the last minute to fling ourselves over there. It was an absolute sea of chrysanthemums - thousands and thousands. Lucky we did, because a week later when I went back - yes, that's right - they were gone.........

I've laboured my point enough!

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

What a beautiful photo! I feel as if I could bend down and actually smell the flowers. Have a wonderful day.

nadine paduart said...

oh, those gorgeous chrysanthemums. they just now bring back in my memory a drawing technique we used to do in primary school to draw them! i should try it out again.... i go on, though!
yeah, the lists! arrrgghghhhhh....

Post a Comment

Hi there
Great to have your comment!