Thursday

Marching to your own beat

Ed and I watched Revolutionary Road last night. I've wanted to watch it, but not wanted to watch it. I'm glad I did and I wish I hadn't if that makes sense. How do you live the life you dream of instead of the life you should or worse, the life you fall into? 

We currently live in an area of London that many people would give their right arm to live in. Unfortunately, it suffocates me and I am pleased, oh so very pleased to be moving somewhere more like a espresso and less like a decaf cappuccino. It would be easy to stay, but I think I'd die of boredom. The local high street - now a sea of (v smart) chains. Oh, I could go on, but I'd lose you before I reached the point. 

Katherine Mansfield said the following:

"Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth."

And that should sum it up. Live where you dream of, in the house you want, and, most importantly with the people you want. Because the alternative, well it would be a terrible thing to be bored for so long wouldn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Great to have your comment!