Monday

For the love of pets


I read recently, that owning (read loving) a pet, can add ten years to your life. It is well known how a much loved dog or cat can add to the family unit - teaching a toddler respect, or comforting a teenager who is in the middle of some form of ‘angst’. I had a seven year gap where I didn’t have a pet in the house. It wasn’t possible and sometimes I was lonely because of it.

Above is my Lily. A joy to all that know her, the best company I could ask for and now, can't imagine living without.

Pets, whether a bird, rat, dog or cat, bring comfort and contentment into a home, hospital and work place. Perhaps ‘pets in offices’ could be a way forward to reduce stress, invoke proper conversations and to gently remind us what makes us content?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Great to have your comment!